lundi 12 mars 2012

Small bites

I had made those ages ago, forgotten about them, then yesterday I had the inspriation again. Looked at my old recipe and... oh boy ! Did I make things complicated ! Moreover, it was full of lactose. So I changed things up a bit, and I'm happy to say they're better now !
Now, I know a lot of people don't appreciate liver. I won't pretend those don't taste like liver, but the taste is definitely not as strong as just eating a grilled steak of liver.

Mini liver cakes
3 veal liver slices
1 handful fresh parsley
1/2 handful fresh coriander
2 fresh green onions
2 eggs
3 tablepsoons four
1 teaspoon baking powder

Roughly cut into pieces the liver, the onion and herbs, put them all into your food processor and mix them into a sort of... paste. I doesn't look very good at this stage. Add the flour, eggs, baking powder, mix some more until everything is well blended together.
Pour the batter into mini-muffin silicon molds - I assume you could use other molds, but tI haven't tested how the cakes will bake nor how hard it will be to take them out of the molds. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, 355°F. If the cakes tend to stick to the molds, you can wait until they're cool, they will be easier to handle.
Serve warm, or cold with mayo.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire