dimanche 11 mars 2012

Market day

We went to the market yesterday to buy some much needed groceries. Actually, I also made a short stop at another market on Thursday - a little further from home, very very small, but with bio stuff. This is what I got then.
2 dozen eggs
corn salad
fresh green onions
RED BEETS !
I'm super excited about the red beets. It's so rare to find them not already cooked.  They give a wonderful sweet taste to stews, work well with sausages... I'm not sure yet what I'll do with them but I will find something, that's for sure.
Yesterday we got this.
Pumpkin, cauliflower, parsley, coriander, carrots, eggplant, chard... WAIT ! WHAT am I going to do with strawberries in March ?!? I did not buy the strawberries, mind you, they were given to us for free by the seller.
Wow, strawberries, in March. I don’t expect them to taste like anything I won't put in the bowl with them. What the frack am I going to do with strawberries in this season ????

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire