mardi 27 mars 2012

Chards - it all goes in !

Today I learned that some people only eat the leaves of chard and discard the rest. This is a new concept to me, as my mother was from the opposite "religion" - cook the ribs, discard the leaves.
As for myself, well, I love chard. It's one of my favorite vegetables - always has been. My kids tend to think the same. So here's my current staple chard recipe, both for very little ones and grown ups, and you can pretty much use the whole plant for it.

Purée de blettes - chard purée
Chard
A few potatoes
Oat milk
Vegetal butter substitute (or real butter if you will eat it)
A pinch of curry

Wash the chard, cut off the very base of the ribs (the really hard part that holds them together) if it's still there, discard the bits that are damaged or dry, cut all the rest into small-ish bits.
Peel and dice the potatoes.
Cook the vegetables in your pressure cooker for a good 20 minutes. Pour the water out.
Add a little butter, one glass of milk, curry to taste. Using a hand mixer, mix thoroughly.

It has a little taste of comfort food while still being full of good greens. I'm afraid to say we all licked our plates clean (figuratively speaking... ) and the hubby had none of it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire