lundi 22 avril 2013

Salmon-broccoli crumble, or how I broke my food processor (but it was worth it)

Well, it it not entirely broken. I can still make it work using a long stick and some fiddling around its insides. Which is good, given it gave up the soul when I had just started cooking today's lunch. I had broccoli int he fridge, and smoked salmon, in quantities that fit a lunch for one adult, two kids and some leftovers (always, always make leftovers, that's my motto) I looked around a bit. I didn't want to make a simple broccoli purée (the kids had pumpkin soup the day before, they need to use their teeth now and then), quiche sounded boring. I had Grana Padano in the fridge, too (like parmesan, but cheaper and good enough for cooking with it). And this is what I came up with.


Salmon & Broccoli crumble
3 broccoli heads
1 cup oat cream
2 large smoked salmon slices
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup hazelnuts (or just a little more)
10,5 oz Grana Padano/parmesan
2tbsp butter (or substitute of choice)
ground black pepper

Rinse the broccoli ; cut off the hard part of the stem, separate the heads into small chunks. Cook in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes. Drain the broccoli and place it in a greased gratin dish. Pour the oat cream over it and roughly squash the broccoli with a fork. Place the smoked salmon over the mix so that it covers the broccoli.
Preheat your oven at 380°F.
If your food processor is sturdier than mine, use it to ground your cheese. When in doubt, resort to a manual cheese grater, you'll avoid plastic bits flying across the kitchen and the fiddling-with-a-long-stick to make the food processor work again. Do use the food processor to roughly ground the hazelnuts. Add the breadcrumbs, cheese and butter. Process briefly until all ingredients are mixed. Spread the crumbly mixture over the salmon.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the crust becomes golden.

This was, however, a bummer with kids. The big one decided he did not like salmon this way, which is still a mystery to me as he adores salmon every other possible way.

2 commentaires:

  1. Oh oh, ça me plait bien ce crumble, un bon moyen d'accommoder le brocoli... dès que ça croustille, ça me va !

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Le brocolis est tout fondant et crémeux et le dessus tout croustillant :p

      Supprimer