vendredi 26 avril 2013

Aline's fish cakes

Okay, so there has been some improvement on the posting frequency - twice a month instead of every six months. In my defense, I have been very, very busy with work. To toot my own horn, there are many projects in the works over there at Green Martha - you are welcome to check out the website and the shop. One of the things that happened was the opening of my first (yay !) exhibition. The tea shop provided drinks and sweet things to munch on, and I made the savory stuff. I made everything bite size (thanks to my silicon molds) - it's cuter and I didn't need to cut it for the opening.
Unfortunately, in the blur of everything I had to get ready, I only snapped a picture of one of the appetizers I made.
IMG_8405Aline's fish cakes
1 cup canned tuna
1 cup canned salmon
6 eggs
1/2 cup oat cream
2 tbsp flour
1 small can tomato paste

Preheat your oven at 360°F.
Beat the eggs, add the flour, cream, the fish (shredded into small bits with a fork), the tomato paste, a pinch of black pepper.
Pour into small silicon molds, bake for about 20 minutes, until the cakes are firm and slightly golden.

This recipe originally came from a family friend, Aline, and included regular cream and grated cheese. One of the things I learned when going dairy free is that fortunately, a lot of savory cake recipes actually function just as well without cheese.
And yes, I've just posted three fish recipes in a row. I promise I'm going to mix things up a little more with the next few posts !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire