mardi 9 avril 2013

Going nuts - Zucchini and tomatoes tart

IMG_6958This recipe was a casualty of this blog's hibernation, and of just too much happening in the rest of my life. I had it photographed, I wanted to post it, and then... I didn't post it right away. Winter came, and this definitely did not feel like a winter recipe, so I didn't post it either. But I've heard spring is scheduled to start soon (or has been so for a few weeks), and now this seems more season-appropriate.
It was another of those nut experiments I do now and then, when I crave something with fat diary cream and suddenly remember how bad of an idea that would be. The nuts of choice being, this time as often, hazelnuts from our garden (I hear your envy !). We collected them, opened them and roasted them lightly in the fall, and stored them in a metal box.

IMG_6963Zucchini and tomatoes tart
1 pastry dough
2 garlic cloves
1 handful hazelnuts
2 zucchinis
2 tomatoes
thyme, oregano
IMG_6959On the night before, place the hazelnut in a large glass with one or two cups of water.
Prepare the pastry dough, roll it out onto your greased form. Pre-heat the oven at 360°F.
Drain the hazelnuts - but keep about half a cup of the water. add the peeled garlic cloves and mix until you get a thick, not still slightly crumbly paste. Add a little water back if necessary. Spread the paste onto your dough.
Thinly slice the vegetable and place them over the nut paste. Fold the excess dough back over them.
Bake for 40 minutes to one hour (the vegetables tend to stay crispy).
IMG_6961 IMG_6962
And before I disappear again under a mountain of fabric and ink, here's a link to a fantastic french cooking blog : Goûte,j'ai testé un truc !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire