dimanche 17 février 2013

More pumpkin !

Yup, more pumpkin. There aren't that many veggies that I really like in winter. To be honest, I only enjoy endive in small quantities, and I'm not entirely a fan of cabbage either. The kids think more or less the same so...
I had some pumpkin left over from my last soup batch (because I had bought a LOT of pumpkin, and my pressure cooker is big but not THAT big), so I made some gnocchi for a change.

IMG_7960Pumkin gnocchi
1 slice pumkin
5 large potatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
4 eggs
3-4 cups flour
chicken or beef stock

Peel and dice the pumpkin and potatoes and cook them until tender in your pressure cooker. Once cooked, drain all water out and squash the potatoes and pumpkin together. Add the eggs and cumin,  and enough flour to get a dough that holds its shape (if you stick a teaspoon into it, it should stay vertical - I know, highly scientific method).
Take a large pot and bring your stock to boil in it. Using two teaspoons, drop little bits of dough into the boiling stock. When the gnocchi come up again and start floating on the surface, wait for about 40 seconds before taking them out. Repeat until all dough has been cooked into gnocchi. You can either serve them just as they're done or put them in a large, oven proof dish to reheat them, adding ground cheese, tomato sauce, etc... if you feel so inclined.

It does take a little time to make all the gnocchi - to give you an idea I started at 6PM and was done by 6:40. As it was a relaxed evening at home I was able to just serve the kids and make them eat between two rounds of gnocchi. And we have enough leftovers for tonight.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire